Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Productiveness

So we decided to skip the Fasching parade in Nuremberg for a couple reasons: 1. It's too much of a hassle to get from base to the train station (14 euro taxi ride one way) for only a couple of hours parade 2. We have already witnessed a Fasching and 3. We wanted to save up some money for Berlin this weekend.

But have no fear! I was incredibly productive this weekend! Let me tell you all about it.

Thursday: Went on the traveling puppet show called The Kids on The Block. It's a series of skits centered around students with disabilities for a 4th grade audience. It let students ask questions and confront questions they may have about disabilities (physical or mental) and bullying. It was a very effective program. I also participated in Bingo that night which was hosted by the spouses and civilians club. The theme was chocolate so there were lots of yummy food there. I unfortunately didn't win any games of bingo or any of the raffles :(

Friday: We had another 2 hour delay because of the horrible snow and ice rain that we had received the night before. I also went to see the movie Gangster Squad. It was an okay movie, your typical gangster movie! I finished up the night by Skyping with Joe and Charlie and grading 4 different homework assignments (4 x 23 students).

Saturday: Got up at 9am, worked out, showered, made banana and egg pancakes. Then, I did a LOT of teacher and school work. I finished my Professional Development Plan for my seminar class and wrote a scholarship essay. Then I made lunch and took a 20 minute nap. Then I created a lesson plan, rubric, worksheet template, and  for a writing assessment project on the novel The Cricket in Time Square that we are reading. I created a math test for chapter 10. I also Skyped with my mom and dad for 2 hours, did my taxes, made a yummy Homestyle Mac and Cheese dinner with red peppers and romaine lettuce and made gingerbread cookies.

Sunday: Got up at 8:30am, watched the newest Saturday Night Live episode and caught up on the last three episodes of Glee. I looked up information on and pictures of the Chinese New Year to present to my class tomorrow. Then we went bowling at the bowling alley on base--I lost both times :( Then we came back and I made a teaching outline/guide (instead of more lesson plans) for the next two weeks of reading The Cricket in Times Square. Then I created lesson plans for all of Chapter 11 in math, as well as typed notes of each section of chapter 11 for some of my students, and exit slips for after each lesson. AND I typed up this blog entry

I honestly don't remember the last time I was this productive, but it feels wonderful!! I just have to finish up some lessons plans for my lead teaching weeks and research some Social Studies information for then too! As well as work on my Gate III portfolio.. but I would rather not think about that just yet.

Here's to a great week! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment