Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Funnies at School

So today we had a two hour school delay because of Icy Roads. Unfortunately, I didn't check my phone until I was shower, dressed, and ready to go. It was nice however to go back to bed for a little bit of time and get to school with the sun shining.

Also, today I had one of my favorite moments of teaching so far. My class is very goofy and talkative; it's hard for them to stay on task for very long. But they can definitely roll with the punches:

I was going through morning work with our kids and we were on the part were we correct mistakes in a sample paragraph. I asked one student to read the next sentence and then list the corrections to be made. At the next table over, two students were talking. I gave them the teacher stare down look and the boy noticed, stopped talking, and told the other girl to "shh" to which she responded in a sassy tone, "Don't shh me!!" The boy points to me and the girl turns around and I reply with, "Can I shh you?" The whole class laughed (even the girl) and she said that I was allowed to shh her.

It was so super funny and I just had to tell every teacher I talked to today.

Tomorrow I'm going to travel with 4 of the other teachers to surrounding cities with Military Bases to present a traveling puppet show that they have been doing for a number of years.

Also, Happy 58th Birthday to my Dad!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment