Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wrap Up of the Week

Fun Fact about Germany: They do not have any power lines above ground--they are all underground. I didn't realize it until one of the other teachers mentioned it at lunch the other day. Obviously, I'm so observant!

It has also finally snowed in Ansbach! A lot of the military and family are from the southern states, so getting a couple inches of snow is a very big deal and causes delays in school or cancellations of after-school activities. Luckily, the Germans are very good about being out there and plowing all of the roads!

I'm going to start helping out with Homework Club after school on Mondays!

Haha funniest moment from the other day. I was grading a student's math worksheet and looking to their extra pieces of paper where the work is shown and I see different handwriting working through one of the problems. There is a note next to it that reads, "Daddy showing him how to do it" Hahaha! Teaching is great!

Friday was a crazy day! Combine: Friday, the start of a 3 day weekend, having a substitute teaching, and it snowing into one day and all hell breaks loose! However, I survived and no one died --- just one girl getting accidently knee-d in the eye and another girl getting snow thrown in her face behind her glasses...

Friday night I was invited to go to the theater on base with some of the other teachers and we saw the movie This is 40. It's an okay movie, not as funny as I thought it was going to be, but it had it's moments and it was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment