Saturday, March 27, 2010

Last Day in London--Changing of the Guards and Greenwich

Today was our free day. A small group of us decided to go and watch the changing of the guards at Horse Guards Parade. Then we headed over to Greenwich to see the Royal Observatory and the Prime Meridian.









Greenwich was amazing! It was so pretty and historic! On our way to see the Prime Meridian, we past a Naval College. I wanted to attend the college just so I could go to school on that beautiful campus. The buildings were outstanding and there was so much green space!







The hike up to the Prime Meridian was pretty steep, but we made it (all that practice from climbing the hill at Eau Claire). This was probably one of the top things I wanted to do in London--stand in two hemispheres at one time. And I accomplished that goal in the pouring rain! I got a certificate and everything! 





When we were in Greenwich, we went to another market place. This one was a bit more expensive than the one in Covent Gardens but it had a lot more variety to it, lots of homemade goods to be sold. 

After returning to ISH the week kinda caught up to us and we were exhausted! I went back to my room and made sure most of my things were packed and ready to leave the next day and I thought back on all of the wonderful things that I had done and seen on this trip. It was quite the experience and I talk about it as many chances as I get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment